Skip to main content
Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to your surgery appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves or sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow. Please wear shoes that will allow you to walk safely after anesthesia.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, facial piercings, tongue rings and dentures must be removed prior to surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cough, cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office immediately at 970-498-0196.
- If you take routine prescription or herbal medications, please check with Drs. Thurgood or Bingham prior to your surgical date for instructions on which medications should be taken and which should be held.