Skip to main content
Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to your surgery appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves or sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow. Please wear shoes that will allow you to walk safely after anesthesia.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, facial piercings, tongue rings and dentures must be removed prior to surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cough, cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office immediately at 970-498-0196.
- If you take routine prescription or herbal medications, please check with Dr. Thurgood prior to your surgical date for instructions on which medications should be taken and which should be held.